The funding environment is changing. Not only does funding for public mental health continue to decline, but public insurance reimbursement rates have not increased in more than 20 years. We can’t afford to depend solely on past funding levels to do our groundbreaking work. Our costs are increasing, and many are no longer covered.
This is where we need your help!
Last year, we provided life-changing services to more than 15,000 adults with severe mental illness. The generosity of our supporters has helped GCB to become a nationally recognized leader in coordinating both the mental and physical health care needs of our clients. Many of the people we serve have experienced significant trauma in their lives. Their depression, fearfulness, and social instability may keep them from seeking help or interfere with their ability to recognize symptoms of physical illness. We reach out to help our clients overcome the isolation of their mental illness, keeping them out of more expensive and unnecessary environments, such as hospitals, emergency rooms, jails and homelessness.
What can your gift do?
- A $2,500 gift will provide eight weeks of paid skills training in food services.
- A $1,000 gift will provide one month of psychiatric visits for one person with intensive mental health needs.
- A $500 gift will provide five hours of intensive, home-based treatment for a child with emotional difficulties.
- A $250 gift will provide four sessions of job seeking skills and job search assistance.
- A $100 gift will provide an assessment for a young person who is experiencing psychosis for the first time.
- A $50 gift will enable a victim of domestic violence to have a potentially lifesaving phone call with a crisis counselor.
We hope that as you consider your end-of-the-year charitable contributions, you will choose to give generously to GCB, so that we can continue to impact lives. The work we do is challenging, ever-changing, and vitally important to our community. We can’t do it without the gifts from generous donors like you.
If the mission of GCB is aligned with your personal giving plan, please send a special gift to our Annual Campaign today. We would certainly appreciate your donation to our work. Together, we can help turn life stories into success stories.
GCB is a nonprofit organization under IRS 501(C)(3). All contributions are tax-deductible as allowed by law. Please consult your tax advisor.